Mawr is a census-designated place on the border of Montgomery
County and Delaware County, Pennsylvania, just west of
Philadelphia, along Lancaster Avenue (US-30), and the home of
Bryn Mawr College. Parts of Bryn Mawr are governed by the
townships of Lower Merion, Radnor, and Haverford. As of the 2000
census, it had a population of 4,382. The town takes its name
from Brynmawr, a market town in Wales.
Until 1869 and the coming of the Pennsylvania Railroad, the town
was known as Humphreysville. The town was renamed by railroad
agent William H. Wilson after he acquired on behalf of the
railroad the 283 acres that now comprise Bryn Mawr.
To learn about Bryn Mawr Luxury Properties
contact Mary Beth Hurtado at 610-608-3119