WHAT THE DISTINCTIVE HOMES MAIN LINE TEAM DOES FOR BUYERS
Mary Beth Hurtado & Alicia Farley1. Visit new listings as they come on the Main Line real estate market in order to know what is available, the actual condition of the homes and whether they are priced competitively. We take pride in knowing our market area.
2. Initial meeting with client(s) by phone or in person to determine wants, needs and familiarity with home buying process. Be available to you throughout the process.
3. Evaluate financial position of our clients and refer them to the right mortgage person if needed.
4. Set you up on the Multiple Listing System to receive emails with new listings of Main Line homes for sale as they come on the market.
5. Review current home listings with you to see if any of the homes listed are of interest.
6. Set up appointments and take you to see houses of interest pointing out the pluses and minuses of each property. See as many homes as at takes to find yours!
7. Set up on Home Pilot, a search engine offered through Prudential that allows you to view and save houses that you want to review with us. Home Pilot maps out the properties for you.
8. Once you find the home for you prepare the Agreement of Sale (AOS) to protect you by determining the right offer price and the best terms possible. Prior to your determining your initial offer and goal price, we give you a detailed Comparative Market Analysis (CMA).
9. Negotiate to get the home you want at the right price, sometimes including a seller assist to help cover closing costs. We share our CMA with the Sellers’ agent to justify your offer andÂ help insure that the appraiser is aware of the proper comps. Our good relationships with other top agents gives you a better chance in competitive situations.
10. Set up home inspections and help you find homeowners insurance and good mortgage rates. We are always at the inspections.
11. Negotiate inspection items with the Sellers’ agent. Help find contractors for estimates so that you are aware of the cost of repairing defects or future repairs needed in the home. Recommend a home warranty for future repairs, which we can sometimes negotiate to be paid for one year by the seller. Our goal is to have the seller pay for and/or complete needed repairs of any material defects found from the inspections.
12. Aid you in the buying process by ordering title insurance, reviewing the title report and helping you understand closing costs in the estimated HUD 1 and the amount you will need to bring to closing. (As an agent, we cannot claim to be the experts in these areas, but we can help identify a red flag and refer you to an expert if need be).
13. Set up settlement, go with you to the final walk through and attend the closing to be certain all negotiated items have been performed. Give you the keys to your new home!
14. Follow up in a week or so to see how you are doing in your new Main Line home