These short videos explain what you need to know as a Veteran.
On-line copies of VA Home Loan Pamphlets.
Valuable information for first time homebuyers from the Ginnie Mae HomeOwnership Center.
Answers to questions most frequently asked about the VA Home Loan program.
The VA Loan Guaranty Service is the organization within the Veterans Benefits Administration charged with the responsibility of administering the home loan program.
See an independent evaluation of the Loan Guaranty program here: Final Report / Final Report Appendices
Click here for information on the Special Adapted Housing program for certain seriously disabled veterans.
Addresses, telephone numbers & websites of our Regional Loan Centers.
E-mail Loan Guaranty Service
Find a VA approved lender in your home town area using our E-lenders nationwide query.
Have interest rates fallen since you obtained your VA loan? Do you have an Adjustable Rate VA loan that you want to convert to a fixed rate loan? The IRRRL program, also called the VA streamlined refinancing program, may be for you. No appraisal or underwriting is required and a certificate of eligibility is not necessary.
If you have a VA loan but are having trouble making your mortgage payments, it is very important that you take steps to avoid a foreclosure. VA may be able to help.
Information for Elderly Homeowners covers Reverse Mortgages, Interest Rate Reduction Refinancing Loans, and Home Equity Fraud.
VA Direct Home Loans for Native American Veterans Living on Trust lands
VA direct home loans are available to eligible Native American veterans who wish to purchase or construct a home on trust lands.
Am I Eligible?
- Determine if you are eligible for VA home loan benefits.
- How to request a Certificate of Eligibility for VA Home Loan Benefits
- To request a Certificate of Eligibility for VA home loan benefits, you must complete VA Form 26-1880 and submit it to one of our VA Eligibility Centers along with acceptable proof of service as described on the instruction page of the form.It’s also possible to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility from your lender. Most lenders have access to the ACE (automated certificate of eligibility) system. This Internet based application can establish eligibility and issue an online Certificate of Eligibility in a matter of seconds. Not all cases can be processed through ACE – only those for which VA has sufficient data in our records. However, veterans are encouraged to ask their lenders about this method of obtaining a certificate.
- A Certificate of Eligibility is NOT Necessary for Interest Rate Reduction Refinance of Existing VA Loan
- Your lender may use our e-mail confirmation procedure in lieu of a certificate if you are obtaining a Interest Rate Reduction Refinance of an existing VA loan.
- Contact an Eligibility Center
- If you have specific questions regarding VA home loan eligibility, e-mail your Eligibility Center. Most questions regarding the VA Home Loan Program are answered in our Frequently Asked Questions, we ask that you read them prior to sending an inquiry.
- VA Eligibility Centers Address and Telephone Numbers
- Addresses and Telephone numbers